Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Ipoh trip 2017 - Food

When in Ipoh, eat.  (My weighing machine mysteriously jumped a few digits, but I'll have to deal with that later).

First dinner was at Soo Har Yee.  It was a long wait, about 45 minutes.

SE is not amused. Just hungry. Very hungry.

Finally the food arrived!  First was the sweet sour crab in a bun.  This was good!  But I was amused at the end of the meal to see that 'Crab' was RM144.  'Bread' was RM15.  Hehe could have sworn that 'Crab' and 'Bread' were one integrated item!  The crabs could have been firmer but the cooking style was good.  The charsiew-like pork was heavenly.  Other dishes were all right.  Overall, while it was pricier than expected given the coffee-shop setting, would happily come here again.

Crab in bread, soy sauce prawns, pork


Another memorable meal... Hubby's target was the pork satay at Kong Heng.  While it was closed that day, turned out the satay stall was actually located in the next shop - didn't quite realise it after all these years!.  Good, except that not a single table was available.  It was only by chance that we found out we could sit at the 3rd shop and order from the 2nd shop (1st shop being Kong Heng)!  Yay finally!  This shop was not busy at all and we could eat in peace without people hungrily eyeing our table.  Hubby had packed away the satay before knowing they could actually deliver to this shop/

Nomm the satay

The girls got a giant cotton candy flower.  Back in my days, these only came in a pink blob haha.

Pose first 

Attack!

Attack!

We also had Michelangelo's pizza.  Bacon, Italian sausage, smoked meat, blue cheese, mozzarella, eggs... about a million calories here!  This was good too.  But next time would probably save stomach space for local food.

Gimme some of that...

There were still some more places I'd wanted to eat at.  Some were closed, and there was just no time for others.  Oh well, next time.

7 comments:

  1. I love the way your girls attacked the sugar candy floss! Until now, I have not yet tasted this pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza's nice enough. But if you already have a good base recipe, just add premium sausages, bacon, smoked meat and it'd be about there!

      Delete
  2. wah you eat blue cheese! the cotton candy is so huge that even though they don't like eating in general they ate the cotton candy with gusto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I found the blue cheese too strong! I read reviews that people liked this pizza so thought must try.

      Cotton candy melts into sugar in no time... haha.

      Delete
    2. Did all of you finished the blue cheese on the pizza or removed them as you find the taste too strong?

      Delete
    3. I believe I ate most of this pizza hehe. Some are still in my freezer. I can just about eat it if I "close off" my nose.

      Delete
    4. Good good that you can "close off" your nose. *thumbs up* :D

      Delete