Friday, September 21, 2012

Giving balloons


Many-many balloons for me

JE had 5 balloons from our mall-crawls last weekend. While I was taking photos of her with them, the two older girls from our neighbour appeared at our gate. They were interested in her balloons. It was interesting. They were speaking in Malay - Banyaknya belon! Mana dapat? Saya suka yang ini! Saya pulak suka yang ini! (So many balloons! Where did you get them? I like this one! I like that one!) I was amused that JE talked to them too.  But she spoke her 'own' language - Mummy and Papa and Jo Ern go chop, take bear-yoon, many many bear-yoon. Quite sure that neither party understood the other!

Encounter with balloon-wanting girls

The girls played with the balloons through the gate. I knew they wanted them, but I feared JE might be unwilling to part with any. They were at the gate for some time. Eventually I handed them one each and they went away.

JE wanted to wait for the girls to come and return the balloons. That obviously wasn't going to happen! I was worried she would cry when she realised that. I kept telling her, 'Girls got ONE each. Jo Ern got TWO!' Luckily she was ok and agreed to go back inside our house.

Still got two for me

That's how the world works - people TAKE from you, few GIVE. I just want to shelter my little girl for now!

(Note: In case anyone is counting and coming up with one balloon short, it burst during the exchange at the gate)

No comments:

Post a Comment