Monday, October 31, 2011

The magic word!

She is saying 'Mummy'!!!  *yipppeeeee!*  I'd expected this word only later, judging from what I have heard and from when she started talking.  Then last week she started saying 'Mum-meee'!

When I go down, I say 'Dowwwnnnn'

Let me just document briefly her verbal progress. 

Stage 1:  All animals are 'Dog' and all humans are 'Ah maaaaa'.  The only other word she said is 'eck eck' for dirty. This stage lasted for months.
Stage 2:  'Papa' emerged for hubby, and then 'koko' for big brother and 'kak kak' for the maid. 
Stage 3:  All insects are 'Ant' and all other animals remain 'Dog'.  'Nana' is for all fruits.  It's now 'Jie jie' for big sis and 'kong' for grandfather.  If she sounds like she's about to sneeze and goes 'Ahhhhh AHHHH', she's probably calling Mummy!
Stage 4:  All insects with wings are 'Bee', insects without wings remain 'Ant'.  'Cat' appeared for cats. 

And now.... Mum-meeee!  Heh heh.  The stages besides stage 1 didn't last long.  Other words she picked up along the way, from stage 2 onwards:

Book, up, down, corn, tuu (shoe), pen (open), toto (take photo/camera and also turtle), out, ta (water), baby, kish (fish), chick, cut-cut, drop, throw, war (wash), bra (brush).

She is by no means an early talker but she is picking up speed!  Some words aren't clearly pronounced at all but I am so amused at her baby voice saying the words.  And I melt in the mornings when she brings me my water bottle while calling softly 'Mum-meee'.   :)

Mum-meee...

3 comments:

  1. How sweet of her to bring your water bottle in the morning. Any mummy will melt! I am sure she will be eloquent before you know it:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quaypo, thanks for dropping by! I'm surprised, I have been happily surfing your blog and never thought you'd come to mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! best two syllables to hear from your baby :)

    ReplyDelete