Sunday, March 20, 2011

Antibiotics 3

While chalking up Genting trips is fine, chalking up doses of antibiotics is not. :(  This time it was Cefdiel as paed said better avoid too much Augmentin.  Jo Ern tends to have high fevers when she is sick.  For a breastfed baby, isn't she supposed to be tougher??

 Oh yeah, I was sick last week

But I'm ok already now. SEE?

It was nights of limited sleep for me while I kept checking her temperature.  Then it was off to the paed.  At least I could rest easier once she was on antibiotics.  BUT... after that she developed a blocked nose, couldn't sleep at night and screamed a lot.  And I thought I was already sleep-deprived!  Please don't get sick too often, ok Jo Ern?  Mummy needs her sleep.

Good thing she's recovered now.  It was exhausting at the time, but recalling now the image of her sitting up in the dark screaming at the top of her little lungs... I actually think that was cute and feel a rush of affection for my baby.  Hehe I must still not be thinking too clearly!

2 comments:

  1. i have the same feeling too sometimes when I see sean or keira crying.. they look cute! for us this time Sean had a bad cough and runny nose and passed it to everyone in my family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...sick again? Poor dear. Anyway, glad that she fought the infection already.
    Yeah I worry too when my kids have to take antibiotics too frequently. But sometimes when the fever gets too high..no choice right?

    ReplyDelete