Saturday, January 8, 2011

Nine months update

If I put my tongue like THIS, I can feel my two teeth

Skills
Ah quite a few new ones in recent weeks. Her creeping speed has shot up, enough to get into some mischief before someone notices.  She loves to scoot to the amplifier/DVD player and mess with the buttons.  Our TV nights are now punctuated by exclamations of 'Aiya!' and a rush to remove the little troublemaker.

She can crawl down from the bed (mattress is on the floor but it's still a few inches high) by herself and go rummage in my book collection or hubby's CD collection.  She can move from a sitting position down to her tummy. And most recently, vice versa as well.  Last night I had a hard time getting her to sleep as she was so busy practising.  Every time I looked, aiya the baby is sitting up AGAIN! 

Character
A tad too timid. The good thing is she's often voted the most well-behaved at my parents' place.  Bad thing is, she cries at the sight of most relatives outside our immediate circle.  She would continue to cry too, and not warm up eventually.  Erm funny that she's perfectly fine with the kueyteow soup lady, the kopitiam fellow, the Indon plate-washer, staff at the bakery or our makan shop... basically strangers who come to say hello, play or even carry her.

*edit* The home guard just said a gentle hello to her and she burst into a LOUD wail.  Oh dear, how to handle this scaredy cat??

Weight
This one has me worried.  The scales haven't been moving much at all.  She LOOKS like she has grown, and she does drink her milk and eat her food, but she's still only 7.5kg.

Oh and finally, two bottom teeth.  :)  I was so excited to see the first one but she would always poke out her little tongue and block my view!

4 comments:

  1. Sean is about the same weight too. I think it's alright:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MC, oh really?? I refer to the chart given by the hospital which has 3 lines, and she's fallen off the bottom one already. Though I showed this chart to a private paed before and she said it was rubbish, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. more social outings for her.. like kidspotz..they have an area for baby play. let her mingle around. it worked forme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is normal to worry...abt her weight.As long as Jo Ern is eating and drinking like normal...she is fine.

    Enjoy these moments...of babyhood... :)

    ReplyDelete