Sunday, August 15, 2010

Daily report card

Has Jo Ern been drinking her milk today?

Every weekday, Jo Ern gets a 'report card'. This started during the period Jo Ern was refusing her milk. Ah Mah started this system to track milk times and amounts, and also sleep times.

Later cousin Jensen joined the household and got his own 'report card' too. His are labeled 'J' and hers are labeled 'JE'. Then the new maid joined and an icon was added to help her identify which belonged to who. The one at the extreme right in the pic above has Jo Ern's icon - a head with hair sticking out. I was quite tickled when I first saw that! Oh, that's coz Jensen doesn't have much hair yet.

Incidentally, Jo Ern seems to have pulled out from her milk slump when she was taking only 5-6oz for the 10 hours approx with Ah Kong and Ah Mah. Ah Kong was the clever person (self-claimed one, ahem) who discovered a way to make her drink more - wait until she was falling asleep and sucking her fingers, then quickly remove the fingers and stick the milk bottle in her mouth instead. Hehee... it worked! He got her consumption up around 7-8 oz. Oh, how every oz counted then! I would anxiously scan her report at the end of every day.

Now, what other 'daycare centre' can provide this level of service? :)

I drink lots of milk-milk now. Mummy is happy

2 comments:

  1. Ha hah..... love the spiky hair symbol !!!

    Hey, I recognise that dress. That's the first dress you bought for Elyssa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh yes. I don't recognise all of Elyssa's clothes, but this one obviously I do. :) Gotta let her wear all the baby clothes in my possession before she outgrows them. The other day I unearthed a nice pair of pants, only to find they're already too tight for her.

    ReplyDelete